Robert Kiyosaki (born 8 August 1947) is an American entrepreneur, internationally renowned author, speaker, and educator. He has advised the leaders of companies including General Electric, P&G, Microsoft, Boeing, and Walmart just to name a few, on topics of entrepreneurism, business strategy, wealth building, and asset protection.
Picture of Robert Kiyosaki
Kiyosaki is the founder and current president of the Rich Dad Company, which focuses on international education and training related to financially securing one’s future.
Kiyosaki is best known for his New York Times bestseller, Rich Dad Poor Dad, which remains one of the most popular financial books in history.
Through the conveyor belt metaphor in his bestseller “Rich Dad Poor Dad” he advocates financial independence as the key to educational and professional achievement.
He is the author of several other financial-themed books, including “Rich Dad’s CASHFLOW Quadrant”, “The Kiyosaki Method”, “Mind-Sets for Wealth”, and
“Why We Want You to be Rich When We Grow Up”.
With such a rich resume, there is a lot to pick from. Here are the best Robert Kiyosaki inspirational business quotes:
1. “More money seldom solves someone’s money problems.” – Robert Kiyosaki.
2. “In the real world, the smartest people are people who make mistakes and
learn. In school, the smartest people don’t make mistakes.” – Robert Kiyosaki
3. “The most life-destroying word of all is the word tomorrow.”- Robert Kiyosaki.
4. “Successful people ask questions. They seek new teachers. They’re always learning.” – Robert Kiyosaki
5. “It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power!” – Robert Kiyosaki
6. “An asset puts money in my pocket. A liability takes money out of my pocket.”- Robert Kiyosaki
7. “The trouble with school is they give you the answer, then they give you the exam. That’s not life.” – Robert Kiyosaki
8. “It’s more important to grow your income than cut your expenses. It’s more important to grow your spirit that cut your dreams.” – Robert Kiyosaki
9. “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; The size of your dream; And how you handle disappointment along the way.” – Robert Kiyosaki
10. “A person can be highly educated, professionally successful, and financially illiterate.”- Robert Kiyosaki
11. “Hoping drains your energy. Action creates energy.” – Robert Kiyosaki
12. “It’s easier to stand on the sidelines, criticize, and say why you shouldn’t do something. The sidelines are crowded. Get in the game.” – Robert Kiyosaki
13. “Successful people don’t fear failure. But understand that it’s necessary to learn and grow from.” – Robert Kiyosaki
14. “Afraid of change? Then fail.” – Robert Kiyosaki
15. “By not understanding money, the vast majority of people allow its awesome power to control them.” – Robert Kiyosaki
16. “An intelligent person hires people who are more intelligent than he is.” – Robert Kiyosaki
17. “If you’re still doing what mommy and daddy said for you to do (Go to school, get a job, and save money), you’re losing.” – Robert Kiyosaki
18. “Complaining about your current position in life is worthless. Have a spine and do something about it instead.” – Robert Kiyosaki
19. “Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.” – Robert Kiyosaki
20. “If you want to be rich, you need to develop your vision. You must be standing on the edge of time gazing into the future.” – Robert Kiyosaki
21. Money is not the goal. Money has no value. The value comes from the dreams money helps achieve.” – Robert Kiyosaki
22. “A mistake is a signal that it is time to learn something new, something you didn’t know before.” – Robert Kiyosaki
23. “I’d rather welcome change than cling to the past.” – Robert Kiyosaki
24. “The most successful people are mavericks who aren’t afraid to ask why, especially when everyone thinks it’s obvious.” – Robert Kiyosaki
25. “When you are young, work to learn, not to earn.” – Robert Kiyosaki
26. “Remember, your mind is your greatest asset, so be careful what you put into it.” – Robert Kiyosaki
27. “Broke is temporary, poor is eternal.” – Robert Kiyosaki
28. “One of the reasons the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and the middle-class struggles in debt are that the subject of money is taught at home, not in school.” – Robert Kiyosaki
29. “I develop my financial IQ because I want to participate in the fastest game and biggest game in the world.” – Robert Kiyosaki
30. “The fear of being different prevents most people from seeking new ways to solve their problems.” – Robert Kiyosaki
31. “The richest people in the world build networks. Everyone else is trained to look for work.” – Robert Kiyosaki
32. “My educated dad stressed the importance of reading books, while my rich dad stressed the need to master financial literacy.” – Robert Kiyosaki
34. “The massive loss of jobs in recent times proves how shaky the middle class really is financially.” – Robert Kiyosaki
35. “Most people fail to realize that in life, it’s not how much money you make. It’s how much money you keep.” – Robert Kiyosaki
36. “If you want to be rich, you need to develop your vision. You must be standing on the edge of time gazing into the future.” – Robert Kiyosaki
37. “The more a person seeks security, the more that person gives up control over his life.” – Robert Kiyosaki
38. “Everyone can tell you the risk. An entrepreneur can see the reward.” – Robert Kiyosaki
39. “If you want to be rich, think big, think differently.” – Robert Kiyosaki
40. “The primary difference between rich people and poor people is how they handle fear.” Robert Kiyosaki
41. “If my wife and I were to buy a bigger, flashier house, we realize it wouldn’t be an asset. It would be a liability since it would take money out of our pocket.” – Robert Kiyosaki
42. “Often, the more money you make the more money you spend; That’s why more money doesn’t make you rich – assets make you rich.” – Robert Kiyosaki
43. “Talk is cheap. Learn to listen with your eyes. Actions do speak louder than words. Watch what a person does more than what he says.” – Robert Kiyosaki
44. “Money is really just an idea.” – Robert Kiyosaki
45. “Money will never make you happy if you are an unhappy person.” Robert Kiyosaki
46. “Money only magnifies who you really are.” Robert Kiyosaki
47. “Every successful person in life began by pursuing a passion, usually against all odds.” Robert Kiyosaki
48. “People often work harder than they need to because they learned how to work hard, but not how to have their money work hard for them.”- Robert Kiyosaki
49. “Cash flow tells the story of how a person handles money.” – Robert Kiyosaki
50. “Rich people acquire assets. The poor and middle class acquire liabilities that they think are assets.” – Robert Kiyosaki
Now that you’ve been inspired by all of these Robert Kiyosaki quotes, Are you ready to start your business? Or check out these more business insights.
Starting a business in an emerging market such as Botswana can be exciting. Looking for information, knowing where to start can be a challenge. We understand that. We’re here to empower you with the tools need to start, grow and lead in the Botswana market.